ExploraMundos™ provides students with:
- Gradually increasing challenges.
- Texts that introduce and revisit themes and concepts across the reading stages.
- Texts that build on initial concepts with increasing complexity.
- Exposure to varied subject matter, including natural-, physical-, earth-, and life science, and relevant social studies topics.
ExploraMundos™ provides students with gradually increasing challenges. At each level, the student books cover topics relating to the science and social studies topics.
ExploraMundos™ texts introduce and revisit themes and concepts across the reading stages and build on initial concepts with increasing complexity.
ExploraMundos™ books feature:
- Relatable content that will immediately engage students
- Diversity of the world students live in
- Graphic devices and striking photographs to support the content
- Research opportunities with Find Out More and Think About
- Titles linked to the NGSS and C3 Outcomes
- Titles that introduce and revisit themes and concepts across the reading stages
- A range of text types
ExploraMundos™ Lesson Plan Cards support teachers in creating an active learning environment, in which all students know how to use content area reading strategies to think within and beyond any given text. Each card identifies the connection to state standards for informational texts as well as to one or more of the science or social studies outcomes.
The accompanying Lesson Plans:
- Establish a reading focus with explicit links to Next Generation Science Standards and C3 Social Studies Outcomes
- Teach reading strategies simultaneously with science and social studies concepts
- Provide practical, systematic easy-to-implement instructional plans
- Integrate oral language, comprehension, vocabulary development, fluency and writing
- Include ongoing assessment and follow-up activities.
Investigaciones are student-directed, inquiry-driven online project templates for each title in ExploraMundos™ at Grades 3-5. They are available only on the Okapi Digital Literacy™ platform and are offered at no cost to purchasers of the corresponding print editions or licensees of these programs on the platform. Each Investigaciones template in Spanish has a counterpart Investigations template in English.